A Recap of Venture Hive in 2014
• Second VH Accelerator class (applications from 32 countries)
• For World Bank: EPIC Program 8-week virtual mentoring program for cohort of female entrepreneurs in the Caribbean
• Second demo day – THE SWARM
• Selected to host the first Microsoft Innovation Center in the U.S.
• Offered Tech Entrepreneurship After School Program for 35 students from Miami-Dade County Public Schools (MDCPS)
• Venture Hive Prep Camp at the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science for 2nd – 5th grade students
• Miami DDA conducts REMI study: VH economic impact is $7.3 million in less than 18 months
• For US State Dept: Eight-week virtual mentoring plus one-day BoomCamp for top 40 tech startups in Africa in Lagos, Nigeria
• Secured an additional two years of grant support from the Miami DDA ($345k)
• First Venture Hive U in the US opens at Old Dominion University in Norfolk, VA
• US SBA selects Venture Hive for Accelerator Growth competition ($50K prize)
• First tech entrepreneurship high school program begins in partnership with MDCPS
• Partnership with Disruption to lead Venture Hive’s investor education and founder preparedness initiatives internationally
• Virtually develops Pre-Accelerator program for the Microsoft Innovation Centers in Armenia, Chile, Nepal, and Pakistan
• Third VH Accelerator class (400 applications from more than 40 countries)
Thank you to everyone who has supported Venture Hive, participated in events, and encouraged entrepreneurship. Without you none of this would be possible.
Happy new year and we wish you all the best in 2015!